Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Little Old Fashioned

There are a few things in life to be treasured: toilets, washing machines, dishwashers (not the kid kind, but the electric kind), and light bulbs to name a few. Having said this, there are so many attractions from the "olden days." This, for instance.

I always hang my laundry. Not only does it save us at least $50 a month, the clothes smell so good, they have that crisp, fresh feel and it looks so pretty.
My grandmother swears that the sunshine is a disinfectant. Maybe, but I know my whites are whiter.

There are some tricks to hanging your laundry correctly--who knew?
I checked out a book at the library once called "The Family Cow." It was all about raising and milking a family cow. As I devoured the book and said, "huh" more than once, I suddenly began to laugh out loud. What would my grandma say if she found out I had to check out a book to learn how to milk a cow?
Know what else I did today? Canned apricots. Maybe my grandma would be pleased after all.


2 comments:

  1. I once took a picture of your clothesline down there in pocatello.. I think I have it on my flickr.. It all just reminds me of simplicity and taking time out for the important things...

    Because of you I will have a clothesline also...

    ps.. have I told you lately how much I love your blog... it just makes me so excited to read your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, it is so fun. Yes, I am a blog stalker. I found you thru Melissa. I love that you hang your laundry, I think it is smart, simple and quaint.
    thepalmerfamilyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete