Sunday, September 28, 2008

All Hail George Washington Carver


Okay, I know the guy did a lot of things in his life, but the whole peanut business is the vitaly important thing he did for me.

I heard about a lady who loved Mangoes. She loved them so much that her user name was mangolady or something like that. When she was in her mid-thirties, she developed an allergy to mangoes. That is cruel. That is an immune system that is a plain, old, dirty, rotten Bully--with a capital B!!

I fear something like that will happen to me only with peanuts. Ahh, I love peanuts (yeah, the cartoon, too). Let's make a list of reasons to love peanuts, shall we?
  • peanut butter (American Children's antidote to starvation)
  • Butterfinger (also Butterfinger Blizzards from DQ)
  • The get-gum-out-of-your-hair remedy (mother of five speaking here)
  • Peanut Brittle
  • peanut butter cookies
  • Peanut M&M's
  • peanut butter ice cream
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (also Reese's Pieces--ET liked them, after all)
  • roasted peanuts
  • this recipe (I know how it looks, but it's a new personal need-something-now treat)
  • Thai peanut sauce
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Shrimp Kabobs
  • Oops. Got a little carried away. My name is not Bubba.

If there is mercy in life, I will never have to do without peanuts. It is my favorite legume.

Dairy is a close second. Love, love milk; love, love cheese.

What item would change your life if you had to do without?

5 comments:

  1. You are the Best! I love to read your blog, it's so much fun! So, please never stop posting, if even for me! I'll think about this question & then I'll post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it was coffee. Then about 10 years ago, coffee turned on me. I'm now a tea drinker. But I love to go into a coffee shop and just take a deep, long sniff of the air. Then order a chai.

    *sigh*

    It was a torrid affair. Memories for a lifetime. But just not meant to last, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you that this post was pure torture! I ha ve been craving peanut butter cups since I read it. It has been 10 months since I have had one. Oh, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me .... probably vanilla soymilk, bananas, turkey, and avacado.... I can't seem to go a day without these...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE PEANUTS - and all that is created with them. Sadly, I have had to rid the house of peanut anything (seriously makes me want to cry at times). Both Canon and Jarom are allergic - and I guess I love them more :). I will from time to time sneak a peanut buster parfait with a friend on girls night out. It's heavenly! I MISS PEANUTS!

    ReplyDelete