Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Confession

A few days ago, my girls and I had a party. We made some cupcakes an miraculously had a 1/4 cup of this leftover:

I'm not sure why, but I LOVE frosting out of the tub. So, now, each time I walk through the kitchen (that is often because our kitchen is also our hallway to the bedrooms, bathroom, backyard) I take a scoop.

Am I the only one who does this? I'm sure it is because of this type of habit that I can't get rid of these last 15 pounds since the birth of Pod #5.

I just went to get another lick and the tub was gone. My Pods had hurried it downstairs and were just finishing off the last of it.

Phew.

I also eat cookie dough which grosses out my mom and sister to the max (can you tell I was raised in the 80's?). I had a roommate in college who used to make Chocolate Chip Cookie dough and serve it to us in bowls--like ice cream. Yum.

Here's the thing; I'm very careful with eggs when I cook. I always wash my hands and any utensils I use with raw eggs. Though I do like a good, runny yoke in a fried egg (to dip the toast in, see), the white stuff has to be completely cooked.

I am a complete paradox.

Anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. I have some frosting in a tub downstairs in my food storage...it stares at me while I do laundry. It is very tempting to eat but then I think of the ingredients and it kind of freaks me out...but a good finger scoop is good every now and then-

    and I still eat cookie dough ever after a bad episode of salmonella poisening...

    what about cake batter??? oh and brownie batter??? soo good

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will not make much sense to most people, but;

    As Abe, dressed in 1820s farmer garb, holds a handful of corn seed, he looks up to the sky.....throws the seeds in the air......and shouts "I will!"

    Do you like my "creative" comment?

    ReplyDelete