Friday, September 26, 2008

Headed for the Moon

Every kid, at some point, wants to have a puppy and to be an astronaut. My Pods' fascination with space, space flight, and the Space Race has been going on for a while, now. We've checked out every book at the library, plastered posters on our walls, found a few great web sites and watched everything from Apollo 13 to Astronaut Farmer. This one is GREAT:





Last Year, Pod #1 was Sputnik for Halloween.

Today they were training for their next mission. I don't know what this technique is preparing them for, but they said they were getting ready to go to the moon. Looks like hanging from a tree to me.

I've obviously replaced my childhood imagination with realism. What a shame. What a loss.

Children need us to feed them and keep them safe; we need the children to remind us how pretty Christmas lights are, how beautiful chalk can be on the sidewalk, and that we can go to the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment