Saturday, September 27, 2008

"I Could Never Homeschool!"


Last night as I was tucking my oldest Pod into bed, he asked, "Why do we have so many nuclear weapons?"


After a discussion about the Arms Race, the Cold War, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the geography of the Soviet Union, he asked, "What is our relationship with the Russians now?"


We talked about the invasion of Georgia, problems in the Ukraine, communism, capitalism, free enterprise, personal debt and the current economic conditions our country is facing.


By the time 10:45 pm rolled around, my voice was exhausted, his questions were not. There will be more questions today.


If we can just answer our children's questions! Anyone who answers with "Well, that goes back to . . ." instead of "I don't know," (not that you can't say "I don't know" if it is followed up by "Let's find out") is home-schooling their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment