Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

I hate hair. Let me qualify that statement because I actually rather like hair. It is an important aspect of someone's look. I love the feel of hair on my shoulders and I like to look at children's hair in the sunlight. I don't hate my hair--it is healthy and thick, has body and is a good color, overall. I suppose the correct statement should read, I hate fixing hair. It always looks like crap.

My mom grew up in the fix-it-every-night generation. She would sleep on rollers and do other torturous things to herself to have her lovely locks. She always made sure my sister and I had neat, fixed hair. She still wears her hair long and it is soft and feminine.

I was in high school when Sinead O'Connor was a big deal. My style has always been pearls and skirts so the whole bald-head thing wouldn't have worked, but, boy, did I think about it.

For a few years, I grew out my hair. It started to get in my way so I recently took off 19 inches. We now have a new problem. What do I do with this mane now?!!

I like short hair, so I google "short hair ideas" and I get this: Who is going to keep brushing their hair IN their face all day?!!

Then there is this:

That just scares me.

Of course, I could go here: I'm talking Hip Mothership . . . emphasize Mothership--a little out-there.

Huh. Weird.

We could do this all day.

Then I found this:



And this:

Maybe the internet can be helpful after all.

6 comments:

  1. Are you going for it???? Send out pictures if you do. I think you would look beautiful- as you always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. `I personally love the second one, it's HOT! Actually, I really do like the last 2, can't go wrong with short cute sassy hair! I'm all about the short hair! I love it! It really shows your attitude! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't do it honey!!! I'll brush it for you every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dealing with the hair thing too!!! I also have the thick hair and love it long...but I seem to go crazy when I get pregnant and chop it off. I just cut my hair yesterday for the 3rd time this pregnancy!!! That's got to be a record for me. But you're so beautiful, I'm sure you'll look great no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last one best, if that helps at all! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. But then, I love to do different things with hair all the time. Good luck, no matter what you choose.

    ReplyDelete