Sunday, January 11, 2009

Comedies and Marriage

I don't drink alcohol. It's against my religion--no, it really is. So, at our house, beer would be on par with cigarettes for things I hope the children will try someday.

Meanwhile--

This is one of my husband's favorite movies.


The fact that we own this movie PROVES that you cannot change your spouse no matter how right (you think) you are. To describe the quality of this movie, let me quote Billy Madison's principal, Mr. Madison, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

My pods are currently playing some imaginary game. I have overheard the following, Get me another beer, eh? and I need another beer, eh? and etc. There goes at least a week of effective home learning.

This could cause a rift in our marriage, but for the fact that our senses of humor jive in most other areas. For example:




When we were first married, he had fond memories of many "comedies" from the 80's. He would get all excited at the video store Oh, Oh . . . This movie is soooo funny!! He would then don an obvious mimicking voice and say, Frahnch dressing, Frahnch fries, Frahnch bread.


What the heck are you talking about???


We watched every "funny" movie from his childhood before he admitted that maybe they weren't as funny as he remembered. Um, yes.


I love being married. It never gets old.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I love that movie. I think it was probably one of the greatest 80's movies. I mean, come on...."Gee Ricky, I'm real sorr I blew up your mom." eh.....eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband totally loves Strange Brew too...and I love the next, What about Bob. Neither of us really like the other...but we're balanced, eh?

    ReplyDelete