Monday, January 26, 2009

A Couple of Things

There are a few things I'd like you to know:
  1. Even though I never possessed the skill when I wanted it as a child on recess, all of my children can make that ear-piercing, high-pitched scream. It makes my ears bleed.

  2. This is a great article from the Rocks in My Dryer lady; if the title applies to you: If You're Sitting There With Spit-Up On Your Shirt, This One's For You

  3. My mom bought me these for my birthday last year. Even though they are marketed as slippers, I wear them everywhere--even church.

  4. I always let my husband go to bed first so he'll warm up those crisp sheets that feel so good in the summer

  5. My seven month old baby effectively cruises along our furniture. (Notice, please, the bruising has begun.)

  6. I am really good at typing with one hand.
  7. Today, I purchased Beyonce's new CD.
  8. Housework is so fun when set to Beyonce
  9. I have been pregnant or nursing for all but 18 months of the last eleven plus years.
  10. My couch has a cinder block under it to keep it from crashing to the ground.
  11. I received two pieces of mis-directed mail in today's delivery.
  12. I still struggle with spelling. I spelled "said" wrong until the 8th grade when I wrote "siad" on the board and was ridiculed by my classmates.
  13. I never misspell "said."
  14. The best feature in my old house is the laundry chute.
  15. I would like to be a Grammar Snob, but since I continually find myself making mistakes, I cannot.
  16. Sometimes I say "acrost" instead of "across."
  17. The heat in our house turns off if the outside temperature drops too low. It is infuriating.
  18. This makes me laugh every time.

Happy Monday.

Yours Truly,

The Mothership

4 comments:

  1. Beyonce is our favorite car CD right now. The kids totally chill out when I blast Halo - our current favorite. It's been a total life saver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I misspelled "discrepancy" in a spelling bee. We never forget those things, do we?

    Good to catch up with you here - love the "star" pic of your kids - absolutely precious!

    Love,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with you buying the new Beyonce CD. I really want it. I love All the SIngle Ladies, & If I were a boy. SO good! Look at you! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never seen Will Ferrell's "Music of the Night"........Well, thanks a lot (in a very sarcastic tone).........Now my stomach muscles will be incredibly sore for the next several days.

    ReplyDelete