Friday, February 27, 2009

Who, Me?

My five year old came up to me and told me that when she grows up, she wants to be a mommy, but not a mean mommy, like me. At this point, I raised my eyebrows and pushed down the desire to have her sit her tiny, barely-reading behind in the chair and begin diagramming sentences.
She explained herself quickly, though, because she added, "You haven't been mean in months!"


I'm pretty sure she doesn't know the difference between months and weeks and eons and millenia, but, who cares. I haven't been mean in months! I'll take her extended perception of things.

3 comments:

  1. I get that kind of thing a lot too. "When I grow up and become a mommy, i'm going to let my kids do anything!!!"

    Eeeeeayeah kid. I'll be in Arizona hiding from winter. Good luck with that.

    And BTW, I have a flair button on my Facebook profile that says, "Mean Moms Have Good Kids." If that helps???

    =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter told someone the other day that listening to Abba makes me happy; other than that I'm really mean. Nice.

    ReplyDelete