Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cameras

I have a Nikon Coolpix 5600. It's a four year old point and shoot. It is a fine camera, for a point and shoot. It takes pretty nice pictures, all things considered. Since I cannot now purchase the camera I want, I am determined to make the most of what I have. I have only one major beef with the thing: the delay. After I turn it on, it takes about 20 minutes to, what, boot up? Then, after each picture is snapped, it must gather it's wits before it can again be an effective member of society. When you are trying to capture the fleeting moments of a baby's smile or a goofy toddler face or the public display of affection by a ten year old boy toward his eight year old sister, you can't afford delay.

The other day I wanted to capture my three year old pod mid-swing.

Nope, too late. I'll snap earlier this time.

Crap, too early. Warmer, warmer. . .

Maybe, a little top heavy . . . but,

Ooo, Ooo, I think I have it.
My small viewing screen did not properly display the blur. I did not see it until I got the picture onto the big screen.
Maybe I'll win a camera from Pioneer Woman someday.

4 comments:

  1. I actually quite like the pic with just her cute little feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet pictures - good effort & the last one is great! We have had a bunch of Canons & are pretty happy with the shutter speed. I recently purchased a Panasonic Lumix TZ5 & am probably the happiest of any of my cameras. ... except there are some funny shadows behind people when the flash goes off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same camera and the same complaints. Here's to making due. ARRG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank heaven for digital so you can see right away if you need to try again :)

    ReplyDelete