Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Civics, Home School Style

We went to a TEA party today.
The face of rebellion.

It was pouring down rain, but we had a great time.

"Hey, that's mine!"

Hers said, "Too young to work" and "Get your fingers out of my piggy bank."

When I explained why their signs said what they did, the pods were happy to stand in the rain, They even chanted "No more taxes" over and over again.

It felt good to be involved, to make my voice heard--never forgetting that I can make my voice heard because of this great nation. We must protect it or we will lose it.
What do you think of this national protest?

4 comments:

  1. I love your home school civics lesson...believe it or not, I couldn't go to a Tea Party today- I babysit my nephew full time and we lack car room...so I had to watch it all on TV.

    EMILY!!! I love seeing your children with those signs. What, are you some extremist? Are you forming a militia? Are you brainwashing your children? (these were some of the remarks from those opposing the tea parties.)

    Thank you for going today- thank your kids for me. United we Stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you come up with all these clever sayings? love the pictures. especially the "face of rebellion."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best mother. You truly inspire me. How often do I FEEL something, but sit on the sidelines. Thank you for reminding me how important my job is and the bravery it takes to BE THE CHANGE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling this is only the beginning . . . I'll call ya'll next time and we'll go together.

    ReplyDelete