Friday, April 24, 2009

Life With A Baby

My baby has been sick with a high fever and whine (he, he) for the last two days. The only antidote for this type of baby illness is breast milk. I have, therefore, been nursing for 36 hours straight. My back hurts, my producers are saggy and empty, my patience is stretched and thin. Last night I slept for about 48 minutes. When I pried my sore and tired body out of bed, I was greeted by a messy house--complete with half-chewed gum drops all over the kitchen floor. My older pods are behaving themselves, which is helpful, but I have a hard time being mommy when I am so tired. Today will be difficult and I won't get much done. It is okay--it really is. I am glad to be able to be here when my baby is sick, knowing that the only thing I am missing is mopping and laundry, rather than the budget meeting or the important client. Still, on days like today, it is good to remember days like this: Love,
The Mothership

4 comments:

  1. Hugs from here! I hope that she's on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little guy has been cutting molars for weeks and some days I too am the pacifier. We also caught that nasty cold somewhere in the middle of it all. I understand how you and your body feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your little one is sick. No fun for you or her. We want to see you all soon- maybe for the Star Trek movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, bummer! I hope that you're both better soon!

    ReplyDelete