Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dandelions


My lot is .09 acres--that is less than 1/10th of an acre. Our house is squeezed in between three others (sides and back). There is also a garage--it's small; built for a Model T, but still there. What I'm trying to tell you is that I don't have a whole lot of grass.


Today, I filled four five gallon buckets with dandelions.


My palms are sore. My fingertips are tender and stained green. My neck is sunburned.


But my yard looks lovely.


Thank you for listening.

PS I would have posted pictures of my buckets and my lovely weedless grass, but my camera has recently collapsed from exhaustion. I think I understand how the thing feels.

1 comment:

  1. If I pulled all the dandelions out of my yard, I'm afraid there wouldn't be much green left. Sigh. It's the one thing I miss about city life - a "real" lawn.

    So fun to catch up with you - love your new "look" and gorgeous profile picture. And the stairstep kids photo. I LOVE BABIES. I hope you are enjoying yours (all of them!).

    Love,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete