Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Story Time

It's not that I haven't had things to say, I have. It's just that I have a large family, I teach them at home, I've had a heavy burden at church, my dearest love took his last final today (which means we didn't see him from Wednesday afternoon last week until 9 o'clock this morning) and did you know that Mother's Day is This Sunday??? I've had an idea brewing for several months, but knew I had plenty of time. Not any more. Mother's Day is This Sunday and I'm afraid my mom is going to get her gift a day or two late. (She doesn't deserve this kind of treatment, parenthetically, but she is good at waiting--waiting for me to stop bawling into the night while she patiently strokes my back through nearly all of eighth grade, waiting for one of us to learn the song on whatever instrument we were playing so we could stop playing the same thing over and over and over, waiting for Daniel to potty train (only took twelve years), waiting for her children to grow up and realize how inconsiderate they were at times, or waiting for somebody else to realize we were capable of changing the empty toilet paper roll.)


Since I have too much to say to make a succinct post, today I'm going to tell you a story.


Once upon a time, there was a great dad. One day he decided to take his children out for a treat. The kids loved the neighborhood donut shop and, as Mother assured him that they could each get a donut for 45 cents, it was inexpensive. He shoved some change into his pocket and headed out. They came home some time later sticky and smiling.


"How was your date?" asked the mother.

"It was great, but it wasn't as cheap as I thought," said the good daddy.

"Really? Did they raise their prices?" she inquired.

"I don't think so, but we all ordered milk and I didn't have quite enough change. It was okay, though. They had one of those jars with extra change in it and it covered the cost."


Now, Mother had been to this store many, many times and she had never seen a penny sharing tray. What she had seen, however,


was a Tips jar.


Oh, yes he did. Took money from the chick's tips to cover his donut.

When confronted with his crime, the goodly father said, "I wondered why there was so much money in there!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That is hilarious! I hope he replaces the tip money! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I'm sorry, I have to laugh, I can see it all in my mind, it's a crack up.

    ReplyDelete