Sunday, June 21, 2009

Getting Through

Today in church, my three year old's teacher asked the children the age old question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" The first little girl said, so sweetly, "A mommy." The little girl next to her said, "A doctor." The little boy said, "I want to work in a really tall building!" By this time, our girl, who was at the end of the line of chairs, was about to bounce out of her seat. When her name was finally called with a, "And what do you want to be when you grow up?" she jumped up, threw both hands into the air and exclaimed, "A Mermaid!"

I'm glad those, you-can-be-anything-you-want-to-be lessons are getting through.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Why burst that bubble yet? I wanted to be a game show host until I was in about the sixth grade. I didn't want to be Vanna White-- I wanted Bob Barker's job on the Price is Right.

    ReplyDelete