Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Undercover

Shortly after my husband and I were married, he became convinced that my two Down's brothers were actually spooks. He began a series of stories using the boys' commonly used phrases and actions to prove that they were embedded FBI agents. The scenario is intriguing. They were placed in an average, white, Christian home in a mid-sized city nestled among the pine trees of the north. Curious. Their disguises as mentally retarded people are perfect. It gets them in to highly sensitive areas without question; places like special ed classrooms, ARC dances, and the day-old Hostess outlet. Hmmmm.

They are awaiting orders during a time of crisis.

Because my husband is in on the Great Secret, Daniel can tell him things to which none of the rest of us are privy. Even the baby is surprised by what she hears.
I was able to capture some of their scheming on film, though I couldn't hear anything.

They were having a rather intense discussion.

And you would never know this kid's rank. You wouldn't believe it because he can only write the first two letters of his name, still thinks he is nine years old, and 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 16 is considered counting.
I hope they're on my side.

1 comment:

  1. This is hysterical, Emily, brought a smile to my face this morning! Heck, I could totally see it. If Danny were in the FBI I think maybe the world would be a better place. Interesting too...

    ReplyDelete