Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pioneer or A/C


I like to think I'd have been a good pioneer.


I'm fairly resourceful, I like dresses and I don't whine (except when I'm pregnant and I figure I have to use that excuse as much as possible because it is such a temporary situation). We've thought about going off the grid . . . and we would do it . . . were it not for


the A/C


and the washing machine


and the hot water tank


and the computer.


But besides those few "needs electricity" items, I like the idea of going to bed with the sun, raising much of my own food and the non-electric family entertainment.


On the other hand, maybe the non-electric entertainment is the reason we have so much family.


Hmmm.

4 comments:

  1. endured the test of times I'd say... The oldest and best entertainment yet....and no energy required...well...you know- electricity energy- although...now that I think about it, I'm not sure how green it is...a lot of carbon dioxide being pushed into the air if you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would have a made an excellent pioneer lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Ryan's friends find out we have 6 under age 9, they always tell him that he NEEDS to get a TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like indoor plumbing!

    ReplyDelete