Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Junk Mail


I'm not great at decorating my house for holidays other than Christmas. I have some stuff, not a lot, but enough to show that I realize it is February 14th or July 4th. When we were newlyweds, I decorated for every holiday. Now that the children are old enough to be excited by shamrock shaped window clings and miniature graveyard scenes, my home is void of the holiday tokens.

The Pottery Barn catalog came today. Oh, it is an evil temptress. I cannot afford anything it's beautiful pages offer, but several of the designer's ideas can be mimicked. In other words, I devour it's glossy pictures for inspiration. This new catalog offered some great inspiration for Thanksgiving.
I may have to learn how to quilt . . .

and work bark chips . . .
and work the clay . . .

and move to a part of the country that has acorns. . .

Oh, I need more life!

Maybe I'll just get out my chipped resin turkey and have the kids make a project out of beans and popcorn kernels like I usually do.

1 comment:

  1. I always feel like that when I've seen one of those catalogs. Let's go wander Reel Deals tomorrow and pretend like we're rich and famous.

    ReplyDelete