Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Acorns!!

I received a surprise package in the mail today. It was from someone in Maryland. I only know one person who lives in Maryland (or so I thought) and it was not her return address. A bit flummoxed, I cut the tape and opened the box. Inside I found this:
and a note that explained it was for the MotherShip.


This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have received. The sender used to live in Idaho--a long way from Maryland. In a recent post, I lamented that I did not live in a part of the country that had acorns. She sent some to me.
It just goes to show: it doesn't have to take a lot of time or a lot of money to serve or make some one's day.

Thank you, Ellie. It was the best surprise!
**********
New post, today, on The MotherShip Home Schools. Rummikub: A Number Puzzle Game

3 comments:

  1. Who needs Pottery Barn when you have cool friends sending you your own acorns! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that. It really is the little things, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Late-model York Funny Upper classes is a privately owned business that offers the following servics:

    •Paperback or Charter rent out a stand up funny man / droll / artists comedy / comedy substantiate emissary / agents / agencies: If you are interested in booking or hiring stand up comics / comedians, we take individual hundred on our roster and give birth to access to from 5,000 comedians across the U.S. If you are interested in a clean corporate fool, a corporate comedy show, church comedy, comedy merlin, comedy hypnotist, comedy ventriloquist, college comedian, comedy speakers, Dusky wit, female comedian, Jewish Comedian, Christian Jokesmith, or any other specialty buffoon, this is your concluded comedy booking agent service.




    [url=http://www.nyhystericalsociety.com]Hire a Comedian[/url]
    [url=http://www.nyhystericalsociety.com]Hire a Corporate Comedian[/url]

    ReplyDelete