Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting Things Done

A dear friend stopped by the other day with her cassette player. The world gave a great shove-off and began spinning again. I finished listening to my book today.

I dearly love books on tape. Not only do I "read" a book while doing other things, I often find more things to do, just so I can keep listening. Take today, for instance. I folded six loads of laundry, made angel costumes for seven small ballerinas, cleaned out my desk (no small job), did the dishes, made spaghetti with meatballs (rolling all the meat into small balls, rather than just browning the hamburger), swept the floors and so on. I found myself looking for jobs that kept me in the same room so I could continue to listen.

Now that it's over, I found I need to get another book on tape. You see, the fish tank needs to be cleaned out . . . the kitchen table needs benches built . . . the closets need organizing . . . Christmas gifts need to be made . . . . . . . .

3 comments:

  1. I have never been able to stay focused when someone or something is reading to me...maybe my mom never read to us- I have to have the words in front of me or I will space off into thinking land...

    My thoughts always take over when someone starts to read something to me...

    Joette has the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of working in one day!!! What was the book?

    I have the same problem as April. However, when we go on long drives in the car, we listen to the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites series & really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollie-trying not to spend the day in my pajama'sNovember 20, 2009 at 8:25 AM

    I have book two also, i could mail it out today, if you'd like it...

    ReplyDelete