Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

The husband NEVER dresses up for Halloween. He borrowed this costume from a co-worker and came home dressed up. The kids really thought it was too good to be true!

Goldilocks in possibly the worst costume I've ever made. I tried to not procrastinate, I really did. But, in the end, the dress was made on October 31st and was never all-the-way completed.
Goldilocks thought it was pretty, though, so I guess it was successful.

The cutest Pippi around. I'm telling you, this girl is an absolute gem.


A bunny who had a riotous evening. It is a great age for Halloween because they are just flabbergasted that people would keep handing them candy, candy, candy.


Little Red Riding Hood. Her grandma frequently tells her the story over the phone. I thought she was darling until my husband told me about a terribly freaky movie with Michael Douglas and a dwarf in a Little Red Riding Hood costume. I'm glad it was near the end of the night when he divulged. If it had come earlier in the day, I would have been frantically sewing yet another last minute costume.
Facebook Jim. I'm pretty sure I'm a bad parent evidenced by the fact that my ten year old knows Jim Halpert.
We had some friends come into town for the day and had a really great holiday.
Today is November and coming up on Thanksgiving. I am so glad. This upcoming holiday is more our style.

5 comments:

  1. Jim Halpert! i am dying. you are such a cool mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your costumes are cute! At first, I thought Goldilocks was Matilda. She looks just like her with the ribbon in her hair.
    Jim Halpert... thats great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new look of your blog. My girls will be so jealous of the pippi costume. You would probably reply, "It was so easy!".
    I would reply, "No sewing project is easy if you can't sew!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see pictures of Lyric's Pippi outfit? They're all so cute, cute, cute! Except for Tigger and Jim Halpert, because boys don't like to be called "cute" do they? How about: Awesome, awesome, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking bunch! Hopefully they shared their candy with their skilled mama!

    ReplyDelete