Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Man

The handle on my vacuum cleaner broke off a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't an ideal solution, but I had been pushing the vacuum by the hook that you wind the cord around. I tossed the handle in the garbage can.
A few minutes later, my son happened to glance into the garbage and saw the said handle. "Why are you throwing this away?" he asked.
I explained that I could still vacuum just fine and didn't want to take the time or make the effort to fix the handle. "This is why men were invented!" he proclaimed.
Um. Okay. That's weird. And I went back to washing the dishes.
Ten minutes later, he calls me in to the living room. . . to show me this:
Apparently women can't wield the duct tape with the skill or finesse of a man.
His sister tried to take credit (by being in the picture with him).

I just think it's funny any time she picks on him--she does it so rarely.

So, now, thanks to my Man, my vacuum cleaner has a handle again.
With duct tape all over it.
Yahoo.

1 comment:

  1. My son also fixes everything with duct tape. Last year he got a case, yes I said a CASE of duct tape from my dad. It lasted about 8 months.

    ReplyDelete