Sunday, January 24, 2010

Roald Dahl's Big Mistake

I am not one to complain about books--especially books we love. I'd like to complain to Roald Dahl, today. We love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. So much, in fact, that it is one of the books in our emergency kits. It is optimistic and funny, creative and odd, moral and . . . funny. There is at least one major flaw, recently discovered.



During the Sacrament (when we eat the bread and an especially quiet time), my six year old decided to be just like Violet Beauregarde and "save" her gum behind her ear.



Dis. ast. er.



The gum was absolutely stuck--to the hair--in the middle of the meeting--with no peanut butter in sight.





Chewing gum is really gross
Chewing gum I hate the most

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came here from Brandi's blog.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA That's funny. I used to do that when I was a kid. It drove my mother crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually told my son to do this once when he needed to put his gum somewhere while he ate. Instead he looked at me funny and promptly put it in the garbage. Can you believe it? (Of course, Dahl's technique would probably work out okay on a boy/short-haired person...)

    ReplyDelete