Monday, February 8, 2010

I Collect Hobbies

I recently watched a movie called The Brothers Bloom. It was kind of kookie. I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. I'll need to think about if for a while longer. But there was one line that made so much sense to me. The girl was asked, "What kind of stuff do you do?" She replied, "I collect hobbies."


This is ME. I've chosen different hobbies to collect, but this is what I do. I pick something I'd like to learn and then I just learn it. I'm crappy at an awful lot of stuff. For instance, I blog, wire, plumb, garden, sew, gestate, decorate, stitch, cook, coupon, doctor, sing, play cello and piano, program, frame, and repair.

Don't ask me to help you do anything on the above list because I'm sure to help you really screw it up. expertvillage.com will never call me. Neither will NPR or the Associated Press or ehow.com.

But maybe I'll be able to put together a kookie montage of myself one day. One that will make you shake your head and smile.

Or maybe one day I'll actually decide already and become great at something.

Nah. I don't have the attention span.

3 comments:

  1. That was my reaction to the movie as well. I didn't not like it, but I wasn't sure that I liked it either. I said I would have to think about it. Now every time I hear about the movie I still am not sure if I liked it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA I love this! You are your Dad, I swear. But you forgot Opera Singer. I miss you and Levi and our Opera's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ! That's so funny, Kevin and I both thought of you in this scene. I want to be her, so random, so interesting, so much truth. (Kevin lists this movie in his top 10 EVER. I'm with you. There were so many great parts, but the overall was just strange.)

    ReplyDelete