Monday, February 1, 2010

Perk of the Past


So, I'm not a great speller (or a strong swimmer, an accurate frisbeeiest or skilled dog trainer). Though I continue to improve the longer I keep up my work here on my bloggiedoodle, I still have a dictionary glued to my . . . uh . . . I dunno where I would have a dictionary glued . . . but it's close! Anyway, I am reading Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose for book club this month. It has been a wonderful read thus far and am anxious to get back to it. First, however, I must tell you about my favorite part.


The spelling.


Ambrose calls it a time of "loose spelling" anyway, but this book is choc full of you-know-what-I-mean letter combinations. I LOVE it!


I think I'm going to adopt their spelling of morsueetoes, dieahreea, cence, and anything else that looks better spelt the way it sounds.


Febewary

Assma

Mischivus

Zookeenee

Suttle

Recreeum

Nawshus

Eyeland


I cud go on and on, but will let you emagin for yourselves how fun this cud be. What wood you misspell if you cud?

1 comment:

  1. I spell church wrong almost every single time - spinning the r & the u.

    ReplyDelete