Friday, May 28, 2010

Guest Blogging

Okay, my friends, I've done something I've never done before. You're always doing that, Emily. Yes, I know, but this is particularly nerve wracking.

Brandi Douglass, from the Douglass Diaries, was having a bad couple of days following surgery. She asked, rather casually and probably not really seriously, if anyone wanted to do a guest blog.

Her blog is often a tad irreverent and she tickles my funny bone. She kind of reminds me of my sassy sister, whom I adore. Without thinking, I quickly typed up an experience, attached a couple of pictures and sent it away. It is the kind of thing I probably wouldn't put on my own blog because my readership is a little more tame (the post is about kids' varied understanding of the birds and the bees).

Well, now she's gone and POSTED it. I read it on her blog and thought, "Oh, my gosh, Emily. That is a stupid post!"

I feel like an idiot and may need to give up blogging forever. Or maybe I'll just post about safe things, like sunshine and tulips.

If you want to, head over there, skip my post and giggle at her attitude.

Goodbye forever (or at least until tomorrow).

Emily

2 comments:

  1. Stop--your post was GREAT!!! I wouldn't have posted it otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ready your post over there and had to come see your blog too because it was so well written. I was laughing so hard when I read it, so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete