- When the toddler was acting up in church, the nine year old took her out in the hall. When she was brought back, she made huge hand motions and declared, in no uncertain terms, "Noooo! I don't want Mama!" It didn't hurt my feelings at all because the person she wanted was her sister. Gift for Mom.
- After dinner, one child was directed to do the dishes, her sister did them for her. Gift for Mom.
- At a random, quiet moment, the four year old came to me and, with a big hug, said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I just love you so much." Gift for Mom.
- "Mom, I'm going to make myself some lemonade. Do you want some?" Gift for Mom.
- "Thank you for doing the dishes for me," said the served sister with a grateful hug. Unprompted thank you, mind you. Gift for Mom.
- When I laid down on the couch for a moment to rest, someone took off my shoes and covered me with a blanket. Gift for Mom.
- Big brother helping his sister get ready for church. His gentle care brought tears to my eyes. Gift for Mom.
(Of course, I would have been sulking and not noticed the kind words and deeds if I hadn't gotten the breakfast in bed. )