Sunday, June 27, 2010

Homage to Joseph Stein

We watched Fiddler on the Roof tonight. I hadn't seen it for years and it was a completely new experience for me. I cried several times, laughed several times, and said, "hmm" a lot.

Somewhere inside of me, I keep thinking I have a book to write; I have a story to tell. Despite my almost two years of blogging, my worry is two fold: 1. I don't have anything to say and 2. I am not wise.

The lines Tevye reads are full of understanding, clarity, sense and wisdom. I could never find those words to write.

And so I keep up with this little blog. I keep practicing. I keep living my small life with my minions of small people. Maybe, after years of experience, I'll put pen to paper and have some few bits that will make some few readers better.

For now, I will continue to immerse myself in the wisdom of others--and Isaac Sterns' breathtaking music. If you haven't seen it in a while, check it out. It is standing the test of time.

2 comments:

  1. I love this movie! Last fall Aaron and I took Kolby and AJ to the theater to see it on stage. It was an easy ten times better! Topal was doing his last and final tour before retiring at age 75, but he looked the same as he did in the movie. Evidently there was a lot of make-up on him for the movie because he was actually very young when he played Tevye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you may remember our late night visits; that The Gram and I met and married while in this play. I, of course, was the fiddler and The Gram, the matchmaker!

    We never tire of watching this show. Rich theater, full of life, and it makes people love each other. :-)

    ReplyDelete