- In an attempt to use less electricity, I've decided to bed and rise with the sun. Today I rose a little earlier than the sun (6 am is the WORST time to try to wake up, so I went with 5). Now I am exhausted. How long does it take to get used to a new sleep schedule?
- My son rode his bike three miles to the store, bought a twelve pack of Mountain Dew, then rode three miles home with the heavy box in one arm. Literally ten feet from the front door, he dropped the box. The gravel bits in the gutter punctured the cans and the Dew went spraying everywhere. Sad introduction to irony.
- I am re-reading the Book of Mormon with 3,649 other people (so far) on Facebook. I think that is cool.
- When my daughter fills her diaper, she cocks her head and says, "Sowwy, Mama." It helps a little.
- There is a giant canker sore on my tongue. I had a rather large handful of peanuts the other day and I am aware that peanuts often give me that reaction. I ate them anyway. I wish I hadn't.
- I have decided that I will always be sympathetic and kind to mothers of young children. It is a particular group that are usually tired, worried and threadbare--also, we are often pregnant or nursing during all of this which throws in the hormone factor to assure that we are always on the brink of nuts.
- No, I'm not pregnant. It is the longest time I have not been pregnant since getting married. I kinda like it.
- For years I struggled with bread making. I finally found a fool-proof recipe. It is rising in my kitchen right now.
- I'm ready for Popsicles, but the weather denotes bread and soup. Still.
- It used to be that when celebrities that I knew died, it was some kind of scandal or tragedy. Now when celebrities that I know die, it's because they are getting old. Huh.
- I haven't pulled out the summer clothes yet. My son's jeans are getting more and more embarrassing.
- This is my favorite season in the gardens. There are mounds of green all over my garden (Jacob's Ladder, Aster, Mum, Scabiosa, Daisy, Columbine). They are different colors of green with great variations in texture. The dirt is black, the weeds are cleared out, and soil is turned and healthy. There are bright spots of color (Allium, Coral Bell, Violet, Bachelor's Button) that are looked forward to each year. I love spring.
- China is my new research topic. There is so much I don't know about that humongous, interesting, varied country.
- My son is trying to make up a song about the MotherShip getting off the computer. I guess that's my cue.