Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Uncle



My little brother came to see me the kids. 


This particular brother has no children, but he plays such an important role.


He is Uncle.


That title involves a great deal of shoulder carrying and swing pushing.


It comes with permission to buy candy that Mom would never buy.


And dropping everything in the middle of a beautiful afternoon so you can go on a hike.


My pods don't get to see this uncle very often, so I was a little worried that they would be shy.

Nope.

He was about loved out of town.


But, before he was Uncle, he was Brother. 

Mine.


Neener, neener.

5 comments:

  1. Love the pics. I miss my brother and I don't get to see him often either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey Lopez (Dixon)June 23, 2010 at 8:26 AM

    Emily, it is soo good to see you and Levi together and his love for his little nieces and nephews. He was that way growing up too. I remember that he was that way with Aerial too. I sure have a lot of great memories hanging out at your place as a kid. Haven't seen either of you in 10 years or so, so the pictures are great to see. Where are you at and is it your permanent home? Thanks again for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! ---and both of you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little brother is the perfect "uncle" as well. Gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a big baby. seeing this post made me cry. I love you big little sister.

    ReplyDelete