Thursday, August 5, 2010

Becky

Today, I just want to be MAD at stupid people.  I want to forgive, but not until I get my digs in.  I want to write something scathing, but I won't.

Today, I'm going to take my own advice and count my blessings.  I taught a lesson in church on Sunday about being content by being grateful for what we have.  There is a fabulous old proverb that goes:

The greater wealth is contentment with little.

Beautiful, isn't it?  It applies to so many areas of our lives and I've decided to make it a mantra of sorts.  So, I went on for half an hour about being content--and not just resigned.  This morning a friend stopped by and I asked her, "Did my lesson bug you?" because it seemed too.


Today, I am grateful for a friend who said that, yes, my lesson bugged her.  She was quite upset because, "This is not what I want to hear, Emily!"

And she loves me anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Always. You are one of my dearest friends and one of very few people who accepts that I say what I think. I truly love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

    ReplyDelete