Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Eleven

The other day, I was with my son at the park.  I was looking at him with a rather critical eye:  Those shorts look ridiculous--they are huge; His hair is sticking up all over.  I wonder if he even combed it.  The high top converse look silly with the too-long basketball shorts.  Why is his shirt so wrinkly?  I wash and carefully fold everyone's clothes.  He must have unfolded it and jammed it into his drawer.

Tsking away, I noticed another boy, about the same age, also at the park.  He looked exactly the same.  Too big shorts, stupid shoes, messy hair, wrinkled shirt.


Maybe this is what eleven looks like for all boys.

Oh, my gosh, I love that kid.  Even when he is a train wreck.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely!! The carefree look!! It's a staple of the 11 year old life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much just described my eleven year old boy, so I think it's universal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clark is 100% Blessed/Cursed with this very same affliction!!

    ReplyDelete