Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What Was That Called?

I got this little holiday catalog in the mail today.  

 

It had the things you would expect a catalog like this to have:  embroidered elk duffel bags, remote control candles, Star Wars light saber pen sets in a collector's tin, an Eclipse board game, and the guitar table lamp.  You know, stuff everyone wants for Christmas.

As I was thumbing through, dog earring just about every page, I found this:


Yes, this phallic kitchen device is called the g*Spout.  

One time, a group of seventeen-year-old boys were restoring an old wooden row boat.  They named it Morning Wood.  Their scout leader thought it was such a cool name--poetic, even.  Of course, when he told me the name, my shocked eyes made a noticeable appearance.  

"What?" he asked.  

"Do you know what that means?" I asked, dumbfounded, as the group of boys behind him were trying to keep their hysterics quiet.

I looked at them and said, "If you don't tell him, I will."  

At that, as their joke suddenly came to light, they could no longer hold it in.  I have rarely seen a group of teenage boys so incapacitated . . . for so long.

I wonder if anyone told the editor of the catalog what she printed opposite the Teacher mugs.


3 comments:

  1. The best part of that "g spout" kitchen device is that is also looks like a plastic replica of a woman's reproductive system- fallopian tubes, cervix, and vagina- just missing the ovaries-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing as April - I am a little slow however & may not have picked it up.

    ReplyDelete