Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Niece


My niece is married.  I thought my wedding day was amazing, but it didn't hold a candle to this.  Watching someone you have held and worried over and prayed about and laughed with and loved be united to a good and gentle man trumps any experience I could have expected.

This is what it is all about: Families going on and on and on and on . . . 

Four generations, together in that place.

A day of creation.

"Us," she said.

"Eternity," he said.

A perfect sentence, I thought.

A woman.

Congratulations, Rodney and Ariel.  You will always think today was wonderful . . .

but, it gets better.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful picture of the bride and groom. Loved, loved, loved the reception. Had a difficult time not tearing up when your dad sang and when "the moms" sang. So sweet. Great seeing you there. Love, Sam

    ReplyDelete