Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stamps

Last night was Book Club.  I have told you before how much I love these dear women.  It was a lively discussion as we had drastically opposing opinions about our book which was A Room With a View.

Yes, just like The Finer Things Club.

We pride ourselves in the fact that we discuss the books and refrain from making "book club" a time for bashing husbands.  At one point, Tami said, "This passage is a perfect example of personification."

Amy broke in with, "Personifica what??"  What kind of a book club am I in?!"   Awesome.  Yes, that kind.

We laughed and thought, we fought over books in our annual book exchange and we ate a delicious blackberry treat.  There was discouragement and encouragement.  There was full-on, good natured mocking (no, I have never been skinny dipping and don't intend to) and a feeling complete love.

A few days ago, in my mega-list of odd things I wrote while trying to keep my mind off my performing child, I mentioned that I didn't have the funds to stamp the Christmas cards this year.  Toward the end of the night, Amy handed me an envelope with an off-handed, "This is from the book club."  Inside were several books of stamps.  Can you believe that?  I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed! Abundance can take many forms and I think you are blessed abundantly in the most important ways!
    Now, send me my Christmas card! It won't be Christmas without your marvelous letter!

    ReplyDelete