Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm Done Griping

Thank you to all of you for your words of sympathy, encouragement and you-aren't-alone.  It makes a big difference.

I felt better after venting my frustrations about the housing market.  After the realtor left, I didn't want to do one more thing to this house.  Even though I had most things done before his visit, there were still a couple of rooms I hadn't deep cleaned.  I took two days off for my Pity Party, but got back to it today.  We have a completely full dumpster in front of my house that will be emptied and filled again tomorrow.  Even though I am not making any money on my investment, I still have pride in my home and in the work we did here.  I want any viewers and potential buyers to be able to see that the renovations were done with heart.  I won't be displaying my tantrum by cutting corners.

Here are a few more pictures of the place.  Let me just say at the get-go that I wish I had a wider angle lens.  I don't.
The Girls' Room

The Boy's Room

The Family Room

The Other Side of the Family Room.

The Parent's Room
Also known as The Bavarian Retreat.
Should have been known as the birth place of our fifth child--but I won't go into that.

The Parent's Closet 
(with The Four Seasons painted by my mother.  I do not know why winter is upside down.)

And finally, though it should have been first,
 The Front Porch.  

And now you have seen my whole stinkin' house.  Thank you for watching.  Please come buy it.  Offer me WAY more than we are asking.  I promise to accept any such offer.

1 comment: