Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Living Room and Dining Room

(Yes, I know there are only four children in that picture.  I've ordered the new one . . .  Also, the pears are not real.  Fruit doesn't usually make it all the way out of the grocery bag before my pods devour it.)

One my favorite things about my house is this room.  While my house is little, they put all the space in the right places.  I would rather have tiny bedrooms than cramped living areas.  This particular room serves as a dining room, sitting room, computer room, ballet floor, library, wrestling arena, discotheque, school room and sometimes theater.  It is good that it is the largest room in the house.


Look at the reflection of the books off my gleaming floor!  I am not too proud to say that I have bruises on my knees from scrubbing, rinsing, and waxing this floor.  But, look how pretty.  It was worth it!


This room wasn't as bad as some of the others.  Changes were still needed, but not so desperately.  The lighting was the first necessity.  Before, the light over the kitchen table was a barely connected bedroom light.

Like this:


It was ugly, but more than that, it was ineffective.  As the only permanent lighting, it did a poor job of illuminating the table below.  So, we changed it to this wrought iron thingy.  


We put the dusty green on the walls which immediately warmed the room.  That table used to be a door from a church my husband and I both attended when we were young.  When they remodeled the building, we got the door.  It is a solid oak door and is SUPER heavy.


Now, turn around and see the other half of the room.  I really wish we didn't have to have the computer in here, but it is the safest place in the house.  There is always someone in here so everyone can see everything that is on the screen and any given time.  Even with our filters, stuff gets through--if you know what I mean.  Also, I was married in 1997, which you can tell by the first artwork I chose as a new housekeeper.  I know the angel needs to go, but it has been on my walls for so long . . .


 Another view of the cleanness.


So, there it is.  One more room ready to view.  Now, on to the front porch . . .

6 comments:

  1. I love your living room & dining room! Everything looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!
    Also, I noticed you have the prophet books...where did you get them? I'm missing two or three of the most recent prophets. Do you know what I'm talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house! It is so charming. And I LOVE the great room (living room/dining room). I think it's going to be a huge selling point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tall red shaded lamps-- they pick up the color of your ahining floor perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your place just looks great Emily!

    ReplyDelete