Monday, January 24, 2011

My Fasting Menu

Do you really want this?  Maybe it will be helpful to someone to see the epiphany I had during my recent fast.  Here is my list (with input from my also-fasting husband).

Main Course

  1. French Dip Sandwiches
  2. Slow-cooker Greek Chicken
  3. Swedish Meatballs
  4. Cheesy Enchiladas
  5. Green Chili Linguine
  6. Swiss Steak
  7. Tex-Mex Fiesta Bake
  8. Black Bean Soup
  9. Crispy Tilapia
  10. Sausage and Rice Casserole
  11. Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
  12. Tuna Salad 
  13. Cheese Soup
  14. Stir Fry
  15. Fried Rice
  16. Chicken Pot Pie
  17. Italian Tomato Sandwich
  18. Chicken Cacciatore
  19. Ham and Pickle Braid
  20. Beef Stroganoff
  21. Chicken Lettuce Wraps
  22. Parmesan Chicken Wings
Sides/Breakfast
  1. Glazed Carrots
  2. Bran Muffins
  3. Orange/Cranberry Muffins
  4. Orange Bow Knot Rolls
  5. Zoom
  6. Cream of Wheat
  7. Oatmeal
  8. Blueberry Pancakes
  9. Dutch Baby (German Pancake)
  10. Waffles
  11. Eggs and Bacon
  12. McMuffins
  13. Jello
  14. Fruit Salad
  15. Funeral Potatoes
  16. Potato Skins
  17. Banana Nut Bread
  18. Garlic Cheese Biscuits
  19. Carmel Pull-aparts
Desserts
  1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
  2. Peanut Butter Bars
  3. Sandies
  4. Molasses Cookies
  5. Dump Cake
  6. Ten Cup Cookies
  7. Apple Pie
  8. Vanilla Ice Cream with Hot Chocolate Pudding
  9. Tapioca Pudding
  10. Fruit Pizza
  11. Eclairs
  12. Chewy Brownies
So, there you go. You now know what my family will be eating for the next few weeks.  You can see that I have a serious sweet tooth (Dessert every other night?  Yes!).  You will also notice that I rely too much on meat.  I am working on that.  While we don't drink green smoothies, there are a lot more fruits and vegetables in our diet than to which this list alludes.  (If you are looking for health food, go to Pioneer Woman.)  I didn't write some of those down because there are a lot of plain sides like a simple green salad, steamed broccoli or a jar of home-canned peaches.  As you know, I am a from scratch cook so if you would like recipes to any of these, let me know.  I'll be happy to send them out.  Probably, though, this will just get you thinking.

The End.


Forever.


Just kidding.

2 comments: