Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Near the Beginning


On Facebook this week, there are several people who are posting pictures of their moms in honor of Mother's Day.  I have some wonderful pictures of my mom, but I immediately thought of this one.  (Since my camera isn't working, I thought I'd scan this old photo for you.)  This was at Mom's Senior Prom circa 1973.  I love my dad's funky shirt.  His belt and hairstyle are back as is the long hair sported by my Mom (a lot like Gwyneth Paltrow without the blond).  They are young and happy and ignorant of what the next few decades will bring.

They just celebrated their thirty-ninth wedding anniversary.

While there are many, many differences between Mom and Dad, and Mom should be celebrated on this upcoming holiday, there isn't such a thing as Mom without Dad.  So, you're getting a picture of them both.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  I love you, and that companion of yours.

3 comments:

  1. That picture is so sweet. You look A LOT like your mother-- you are both beautiful! I love hearing you talk about your parents. What a good example they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Emily! What a funny surprise to see this on your facebook and now here too... And you are so right, Dad and I are a pretty good team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! papa has a lot of hair.

    ReplyDelete