Saturday, July 30, 2011

At the Library

Hello, friends.  I am back here at the library.  It is actually wonderful.  While I'd rather get my computer work done at home, it is super nice here.  Let me tell you why.

I am sitting in an air conditioned building where quiet is mandated.  I have a rather large table all to myself.  My work is spread around me and not cramped between the bills and other reminders of what else needs to be done.  Since I am here to work, there are no children poking my arm; no one whining, "I'm hungry," or "She did That to me, again!!"  In my ears, the beautiful and soothing notes of Lakme are singing softly, gently.  There is a potted plant (watered and tended by someone else) to my left and a lovely ornamental grass swaying out of the window on my right.  While my To Do list is always long, today, the updating of the ballet studio website is the only thing on my Must Do list.

Also, I'm sitting on a padded seat, built for periods of long sitting and not my hard kitchen chair that has been making due as our computer chair for the last five or so years.

I may be here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment