Saturday, July 9, 2011

One Day This Week

The septic tank passed inspection so we will be moving in on Thursday.  HOORAY!!

In other news . . .

 cousins . . . and food.


My husbands family knows how to cook.  They introduced me to a lot of terrible/wonderful things like butter and cream and mayonnaise.  Nothing they make is mediocre.

 Lots of it's finally summer swimming.


Why didn't they have those rash guard things when I was little?  My skin would have greatly benefited from such an invention!


Oh, my goodness!  A whole pool full of children.  What blessed grandparents!

It was a super fun afternoon.  My swimsuit is packed, so I sat and visited with my mother-in-law most of the time.  It was so nice.  (Parenthetically, when can I drop the whole in-law part?  I've been a part of this family going on 14 years!)

I hope your summer is filled with pot lucks, hot sun and cool water.

2 comments:

  1. Summer is fun, fun, fun! I am really looking forward to visiting tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a fabulous day! Yeah!!! As far as the in-law thing, just drop it! When my grandma passed away a friend came with me to her funeral. Later she told me that she was so impressed that all of her daughters-in-law just called her "mom"- that really speaks highly of a woman. Sounds like your mother-in-law is that kind of woman.

    ReplyDelete