Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Being Brave


Omar Bradley said, "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death."

Right now, I am tapping all of my courage stores.


For this:


Work, my boy, work.  

Prepare.

Leap--ignore the fact that your mother cut off half of your head.  She didn't realize you were going to jump that high.

Point those toes!

And land in 5th.  Oh yeah.  I could totally do that.

But don't forget to have fun.

I hope that when you are a famous dancer, dancing for kings and queens across the European stages,
 that you will look back 
and bless your mother 
for being brave.


3 comments:

  1. sheesh, I thought putting Kenzie in Kindergarten was brave...

    Oh Emily, you can't argue with what's right- wow you are a strong woman. Hang in there...I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, Emily. I hope the adjustment goes well for everybody

    ReplyDelete