Saturday, August 6, 2011

Moving Oddities

Because we moved into a smaller place than our last house, we aren't unpacking all of the boxes.  I don't have a place for my long-term food storage (#10 cans), all of those valuable cans are in storage.  I had a dream the other night that there was a end-of-the-world type of disaster and I had no way to feed my family.  It was terrifying.  Justin and I have resolved to try to figure out a way to get the food out here!

Also, I have no room for book cases so we aren't unpacking the 24 boxes of books.  I really thought that if we visited the library all of the time that we would be okay without our books for a little while.  It is driving me crazy.  I have a couple of books (Back to Basics!), but not enough.  I need to figure out a way to get more of them here.  I might build a coffee table that can double as a book shelf.  I just searched the web and am finding nothing like what I'm thinking.  Anyway, think low shelves with a tabletop and caster wheels.

I haven't found my jewelry box, our son's bedside lamp or my dish towels.  We lost the power cord to our wireless router and it ended up being just $5 more to buy a whole new router.  How does that work?

But the weirdest thing I've discovered in the move?


Inside my box of detergent.  Instead of finding this:

I found this:


The lid to a spray paint can.


First, where did the scoop go?  Second, who noticed it was missing?  Third, who thought that the spray paint lid might work just as well? Fourth, who has freckles on their fingers???

I have no idea how this new scoop compares to the old scoop in terms of detergent capacity.  I hope it's close, though, because I have been using it for about three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment