Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rattling Around in My Head

My husband sent me an email in the middle of the day yesterday.  I responded by telling him what had been gumming up the gears in my mind that day.

Aged brass:

To me, the most timeless and warm finish, but it is a little out of vogue so it is more expensive.  Also, most brass comes super shiny so I would have to Drano all of the hardware for our house.

Oil-rubbed bronze:


This is my favorite finish, but we can't afford real bronze and the fake stuff starts to rub off after a while and starts to look coppery orange.

Chrome:
Chrome is the least expensive and most available.  The shiny looks great when it is clean, although I'm not sure the shiny would fit in to the image I have going in my mind.

Brushed nickel:

Brushed nickel is pretty common right now so it is less expensive and available.  It doesn't show the water spots or fingerprints as well as chrome.  I don't really like it.

There you have it.  I asked my husband how he would like to be in my head for a day.  He said he thought he would go crazy.  "I don't know how you can stand it in there!"

Ha ha ha!  Some days I wonder the same thing!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like the bronze, but I'm sure we can't afford it either. We put the brushed nickel in our kitchen sink and new tub. I like it, better than the chrome anyway.

    To be honest, I haven't spent much time thinking about it- though I have wondered what new handles I would like on our kitchen cabinets if I ever get to replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardware is (relatively) cheap. We have some of everything in our house. (I hope the style police don't stop by!)

    ReplyDelete