Sunday, October 23, 2011

Plaid and Pinecones

I know this is a little early.  We are having a most glorious fall--maybe one of the best I've ever seen.  Today I will be transplanting some wild aspens into my garden so next fall we can enjoy their golden show.  But, I have to admit, there is some Christmas on my mind.  So, to whet your pallet:

Nature and Plaid.


A restored schoolhouse--all decked out.


This is the add that started it all.  Love the Christmas-y plaid and the birch bed.


Yummm.  Wassail, gingerbread cookies, and natures bling.  Grab some of that plaid and you're set!

Can't handle the oxblood red door.  Amazing.

You've seen this picture a few times.  It is one of my all-time favorites.

I love the gentle Christmas hints.  The bows seem to fit into this home's year-round decor.

How about you?  Do you have Christmas on the brain?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh-la-la! I love the wreaths on the windows of the schoolhouse. Every single year I mean to add wreaths to the windows & it just doesn't happen. I think it must get done this year. Everything looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I don't. Or at least I didn't until I read your post. I would love a super long extended fall. I am not ready for Christmas and all that that entails.
    Oh, no! I don't want to become a scrooge, but... I'm just not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love Autumn, and I love Christmas.

    But, NO, I am not ready!!!!!!

    But I enjoyed those inspiring pictures, Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete