Monday, November 14, 2011

Autonomy

This has nothing to do with the post, but I think it is a sweet picture.

There is this strange thing that happens at garage sales:  if you don't have something marked, the buyer will often offer more than you were thinking to ask.  I have something like that happening at my house right now.

My girls know they are going to get jobs every day.  I've never established regular chores; no one does the same chore for the whole week nor do they have assigned "dishes" days, for instance.  I think that since we are all home all of the time, traditional chore organization doesn't work.  Although, who am I kidding?  There is nothing traditional about the way I keep house!  I have never done the Laundry Monday, Ironing Tuesday approach.  My great-great grandmother would be astonished at my lack-of-routine routine.

Back to my girls.  Lately, they have been making their own chore lists.  Doggone it if they don't assign themselves way more jobs than I would ever have given!  I think I have discovered a new secret to parenting girls.

And, no.  I will not let them read this post!  (:

3 comments:

  1. I love it when things like that happen! I'm thinking I should have my girls hang out with your girls- maybe it will rub off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I haven't tried. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete