Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Someday House Bedrooms for Girls

With four girls, it is easy to do the math: two per room.  I think one in a room is lonely--despite what the ten year old thinks.  I also think two in a room is safer--physically and morally, if you know what I mean.  It's harder to get away with any hanky-panky if your sister is two feet away!

I also know, through hard-won experience, that one and three must be bunk mates, and two and four, roomies.  Any other combination and we have screaming.  From me.

After a great deal of consideration, I am leaning toward attic bedrooms for the girls.  We can easily put two bedrooms in the attic without having to add dormers--which I'd rather do without, if possible.  


Can't you imagine a couple of best-friend sisters enjoying their quiet pillow talk here?


There is the possibility of adding skylights, too.  What a fabulous view from bed--the stars of the 47th parallel, far from any cities!


This is a cute option, too.  A small loft!  If one room had a loft and the other had skylights, the girls could switch rooms every once in a while.  What fun!  OR the loft could be over the doors on the other end of the bedrooms.  Oooo, great idea.


The next two don't have the beds as close, but by tucking the beds into the eaves, it does allow for a little more privacy.  Although, it would be hard to make those beds . . . and you know who has to be putting the sheets on for the next few years!


Look at that darling water closet!  Love it!


And there you have it, my vision for all of my sugar and spice sweethearts.  I don't believe in desks in bedrooms, so we don't need to find a place for them.  Dressers, closets, and the rest will find a space.  And if not, well, I will give them two hooks:  one for their second dress and one for their nightgown.  I'm sure they will love those kinds of options when they are teens!

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful girl rooms!! Sadly, my girls do not keep their room very cleaned, so all just beauty would probably be wasted on them. I can't wait to see your someday house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bets, I think one of the reasons our girls have messy rooms is because there are so many of them packed into a small space. It is hard to have a place for everything and everything in its place when there is just not enough room! I'm not talking about needing a huge room, just more room--or fewer girls per square foot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those bedrooms! What a fun place for little girls. We have four at our house and right now they are all in one room. It stays pretty clean (most of the time) because it's pretty much just for sleeping so that helps. That said, I am a HUGE fan of a place for everything and everything in its place, and I agree that with lots of people in a small space it is really hard.

    My girls like having a sister close by when sleeping, the big problem is having a private place to keep their special things. A little cubby of some time for each girl would be really great.

    And for the record, I really like the two hook idea! :) Why do we need to many clothes anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. where do you find these beautiful pictures? I wonder if I invested in making the room beautiful if the girls would care more about keeping it looking good? I know the first step is a place for everything, but would it help if the places were cute?

    ReplyDelete