Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Someday House Computer Nook


In my attempt to make sure I have a place for everything (so everything can be in its place), my next focus is on the computer/office area.  


As you know, the internet can be a dangerous place so the computer must be in plain site and in a busy area of the house.  I can't have a desk in my kitchen because I know me--it would be stacked shoulder high at all times with who-knows-what.  Our library will have outlets and a large table for research and study, but the nature of a library is not conducive to the scream-inducing activities of bill paying and website maintenance.  

My favorite solution is a nook in the living room.  


Since I will have a mail center in another part of the house and plan to have an organized office area, I am hopeful that I can make this a tidy, manageable place.  I'll have the filing cabinets there as well as all of the necessary "parts." 


It is for this reason that I like the idea of a curtain or closet doors that can be closed when the area is not in use.


Because, let's face it, computers have a lot of ugly parts (printer, blinking routers, and wires upon wires that never show up in magazine photos) that attract dust like a moth to the flame.  It would be lovely to be able to shut that away when needed.



As a woman of the computer age, I know this must be a planned space.  As much as it will be used, it can't be left to happenstance.  

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. If we live off the grid, we won't need one! (Or if most people's forebodings of an imminent societal and infrastructural collapse come true, for that matter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Justin's right... but just in case I agree it shouldn't be left to happenstance. I've always thought I would like something like that in the kitchen, but I like the idea of having it in the living room. I guess it would depend a bit on how the layout of the house is, but definitely in a central area.

    I LOVE having a way to close it off when needed!!!

    ReplyDelete