Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Actual Instructions

I know you are probably sick of hearing about a trip you won't be taking, but I have to share with you one more thing.

Last night I was getting information off of the Disney website.  There was a FAQ link.  Since those are usually helpful and since I've read everyone's advice except Disney's and since I believe in going to the source for accuracy, I decided I should read it.  I was not disappointed.  With something like 3 Billion visitors per year, they have seen everything.  You can tell by the following items that are not permitted in the park:
Not in Disneyland


  • String Bikinis
  • G-Strings
  • Bullet Belts
  • Wedding Dresses
  • Scooters--non-motorized and motorized
  • Motorcycles
  • Tricycles
  • Unicycles
  • Pogo Sticks
  • Sporting Equipment (and they specify: baseball bats, hockey sticks, golf clubs, and bows and arrows)
  • Weapons (and they specify: nun-chucks, brass knuckles, billy clubs, guns, knives, stars and other martial arts equipment)
  • Self-defense Equipment (please leave home your pepper spray, mace and stun guns)
It keeps getting weirder . . . (I'd better remember to take this stuff out of my purse.  You just never know when you'll need these things!)
How paranoid do you have to be to bring a
fire extinguisher with you on
vacation?
  • Restraining Devices (hand cuffs, zip ties)
  • Suspicious Items (box cutters, razor blades, duct tape, wire)
  • Items that may be disruptive (stink bombs, sling shots)
  • Cremated Remains
  • Miscellaneous Items (fire extinguishers, musical instruments, pots and pans)
And the final warning:  

This information is subject to change without notice.

I believe in the goodness of people.  Despite the wicked who make headlines, I believe that most people are good and kind.

But many of those same people?  Well.

People are weird.

1 comment:

  1. I happen to agree with their list of items that are not permitted...with one exception.....Cremated Remains. I know there are a lot of huge Disney fans...maybe they should designate an area specifically for such things to be sprinkled, spread, chucked. It's a Small World, perhaps???

    ReplyDelete