Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fairy God Sister

Yesterday, my sister commanded that I update my blog.  I wrote a very honest post about my less-than-stellar couple of days in which I mentioned my sickness due to poisoning...or due to the flu, I'm not sure which.

Two hours later, my sister showed up at my house.  Her arms were loaded down with groceries and flowers.  She hollered at me to stay in bed and then proceeded to clean my house, prepare lunch for my little girls and put dinner in the Crock Pot.  (Since my husband is working out of town this week and my son in back with his host family, there is enough left-over for dinner again tonight.)  She brought milk, eggs, fruit, and brownies in addition to the meals!  My daughter was supposed to bring treats to an activity, so Mollie helped her slice a pile of oranges.  I was pulling on jeans and a sweatshirt (sans bra) to take the girls to their activity* when Mollie volunteered to do it.  I went back to bed.


Thank you, Mollie.  You bless the life of everyone around you.

*The activity leaders needed my keys to get into the church, so I sent the keys with my daughter.  It wasn't until it was time for me to go pick up the girls that I realized I sent my keys to the church.  Not just the church key, all of my keys.  You can't drive to the church without keys to your car.  More evidence that my head wasn't really in the game yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. So I'm just going to point out the obvious here, but, seriously...your sister is AWESOME!!! And I'll even admit I was a little jealous when I read your post. :)

    ReplyDelete